Parts of the body is the structure of human anatomy especially the external organs. Similarly the physique of someone is considered as the overall form of the human external parts.
Table of Contents
- ⬤ What are the parts of our body?
- ⬤ Pictures with pronunciations
- ⬤ Word list
- ⬤ Flashcards exercise
- ⬤ Flip cards exercise
- ⬤ Example sentences
- ⬤ Asking questions
- ⬤ Reading passage
- ⬤ Image to download and share
- ⬤ Picture quiz
- ⬤ Listening test with pictures
- ⬤ Writing test with pictures
- ⬤ Spelling test
- ⬤ Worksheets to download and share
⬤ What are the parts of our body?
The parts of human body structure are called body parts. The three main parts are: the head, the trunk and the limbs (arms and legs). It can be divided into two categories: internal organs such as brain, lungs, hearth and external body parts such as ears, eyes and skin.
- The body consists of muscles and skeleton.
- Cells with specific function are called organ. For example skin is also an organ and it wraps around our body. As a result it functions as protection, regulation and sensation.
- The study of the human body involves branches such as anatomy (concerned with the bodily structure and separation of parts), physiology, histology (study of the microscopic structure of tissues) and embryology (study of embryos and their development).
- The people who help or study on body health are called physiologists, anatomists, doctors and nurses.
- Circulatory system, digestive system, musculoskeletal system and nervous system and some other systems are called body systems. They are groups of organs and tissues working together for particular functions of the body.
- For further reading you can click here to learn more in WikiPedia
⬤ Pictures with pronunciations
These are the pictures of human body parts, so you can listen to the pronunciations by clicking on the images.
⬤ Word list
Names of the body parts are listed below, so it can be fun to learn body parts with games in a lesson. It is good to revise all the words below first.
⬤ Body parts picture
⬤ Our internal organs
⬤ Flashcards exercise
Guess the name of the body parts on these cards and then click on the cards to see the answers.
⬤ Flip cards exercise
These cards have no images. Just click on them to open it. Then say the meaning of the body part in your native language.
⬤ Example sentences
For contextual usage of body parts you can try to make similar sentences like these.
- I have got blue eyes.
- She has got long hair.
- I have got two shoulders and two knees.
- I have got two legs, but cats have got four legs.
- We have big eyes.
- This is my knee and this is my hand.
- These are my arms.
⬤ Asking questions
- Have you hot brown eyes? – Yes, I have got brown eyes.
- Have they got long hair? – No, They haven’t got long hair.
- Has she got a big mouth? – No, she has a small mouth.
- How many fingers have you got? – I have got ten fingers.
- How many hands have you got? – I have got two hands.
⬤ Reading passage
A letter to a new friend:
My name is Pelin. I am 10 years old and I live in Istanbul, Turkey. I want to write about myself so you know what I look like.
I am not very short and not very tall. I am medium height. I have long, straight hair. It is black. I have brown eyes. My best friend is Eda. She is 15 years old. She lives in Istanbul, too. She is very tall. She has short, straight hair. She has fair hair and she has blue eyes. Her face is long – oval shape. Her legs are also very long.
I always go out with her. We love to go out together. Have you got short hair or long hair? Have you got blue eyes? Please write me!
⬤ Picture quiz
This is a picture quiz about body parts. Select the correct option from the list that corresponds to the image.
⬤ Listening test with pictures
This is a listening evaluation about body parts. In this test first of all listen to the word by clicking the play button. Then select the relevant picture from the list. Each correct answer will add 10 points to your score.
⬤ Writing test with pictures
Test your vocabulary writing ability here. Click the “Start” button and open the image. Then write the name of the image into the text box.
⬤ Spelling test
This is a listening and spelling test about body parts. Start the test and click on the play button. After listening to the audio, type it into the text box correctly. Correct answers give 10 points.
Here are some worksheets about human body parts vocabulary. You are free to download and share these printable ESL worksheets. There are two formats: pdf and jpg image.
|• Body parts flashcards worksheet|
|• Body parts activity worksheet|
|• Body parts word scramble game worksheet|
|• Body parts word search puzzle worksheet|
External resource links:
There are some other web content that may help you. You can click here to watch a video. You can play a matching game here and here. This is a downloadable document in pdf format to learn with flashcards.