Table of Contents
- ⬤ What are body parts in English?
- ⬤ Pictures of body parts vocabulary with pronunciations
- ⬤ Word list of body parts vocabulary in English
- ⬤ Flashcards exercise about body parts
- ⬤ Flip cards exercise about body parts
- ⬤ Example sentences
- ⬤ Asking questions about body parts
- ⬤ Reading passage
- ⬤ Images of body parts vocabulary to download and share
- ⬤ Picture quiz about body parts vocabulary
- ⬤ Listening test with pictures
- ⬤ Writing test with pictures about body parts
- ⬤ Spelling test about body parts
- ⬤ Worksheets about body parts to download and share
⬤ What are body parts in English?
The parts of human body structure are called body parts. The three main parts of the body are: the head, the trunk and the limbs (arms and legs). The body parts can be divided into two categories: internal body parts such as brain, lungs, hearth and external body parts such as ears, eyes and skin.
- The body consists of muscles and skeleton.
- Cells with specific function are called organ. For example skin is also an organ and it wraps around our body. It functions as protection, regulation and sensation.
- The study of the human body involves branches such as anatomy (concerned with the bodily structure and separation of parts), physiology (normal functions of body parts), histology (study of the microscopic structure of tissues) and embryology (study of embryos and their development).
- The people who help or study on body health are called physiologists, anatomists, doctors and nurses.
- Circulatory system, digestive system, musculoskeletal system and nervous system and some other systems are called body systems. They are groups of organs and tissues working together for particular functions of the body.
- Like humans, animals also have body parts such as beak, wings, paws and tail
- For further reading you can click here to jump to WikiPedia
This web page is dedicated to teaching human body parts. You can learn it by the help of activities such as games, pictures, pronunciations, flashcards, tests, quizzes, puzzles, exercises, examples and reading passages. First, study the word list of body parts below.
⬤ Pictures of body parts vocabulary with pronunciations
These are the pictures of human body parts. You can listen to the pronunciations by clicking on the images.
⬤ Word list of body parts vocabulary in English
⬤ Body parts picture in English
⬤ Our internal organs in English
⬤ Flashcards exercise about body parts
Guess the name of the body parts on these cards and then click on the cards to see the answers.
⬤ Flip cards exercise about body parts
These cards have no images. Just click on them to open it. Then say the meaning of the word in your native language.
⬤ Example sentences
- I have got blue eyes.
- She has got long hair.
- I have got two shoulders and two knees.
- I have got two legs, but cats have got four legs.
- We have big eyes.
- This is my knee and this is my hand.
- These are my arms.
⬤ Asking questions about body parts
- Have you hot brown eyes? – Yes, I have got brown eyes.
- Have they got long hair? – No, They haven’t got long hair.
- Has she got a big mouth? – No, she has a small mouth.
- How many fingers have you got? – I have got ten fingers.
- How many hands have you got? – I have got two hands.
⬤ Reading passage
A letter to a new friend:
My name is Pelin. I am 10 years old and I live in Istanbul, Turkey. I want to write about myself so you know what I look like.
I am not very short and not very tall. I am medium height. I have long, straight hair. It is black. I have brown eyes. My best friend is Eda. She is 15 years old. She lives in Istanbul, too. She is very tall. She has short, straight hair. She has fair hair and she has blue eyes. Her face is long – oval shape. Her legs are also very long.
I always go out with her. We love to go out together. Have you got short hair or long hair? Have you got blue eyes? Please write me!
⬤ Picture quiz about body parts vocabulary
This is a picture quiz about body parts. Select the correct option from the list that corresponds to the image.
⬤ Listening test with pictures
This is a listening evaluation about body parts. In this test first of all listen to the word by clicking the play button. Then select the relevant picture from the list. Each correct answer will add 10 points to your score.
⬤ Writing test with pictures about body parts
Test your vocabulary writing ability here. Click the “Start” button and open the image. Then write the name of the image into the text box.
⬤ Spelling test about body parts
This is a listening and spelling test about body parts. Start the test and click on the play button. After listening to the audio, type it into the text box correctly. Correct answers give 10 points.
Here are some worksheets about human body parts vocabulary. You are free to download and share these printable ESL worksheets. There are two formats: pdf and jpg image.
|• Body parts flashcards worksheet|
|• Body parts activity worksheet|
|• Body parts word scramble game worksheet|
|• Body parts word search puzzle worksheet|
External resource links:
You can jump to body parts category page to find extra activities and games in this website by clicking here. However, there are some external links that may help you. You can click here to watch a video about body parts.You can play matching game about body parts here and here. This is a downloadable document in pdf format to learn with flashcards.