Days, months and seasons are essential vocabulary to use in daily life, because we need these words while making plans, arranging something or talking about past events. This page is dedicated to teach you these time periods in English.
Table of Contents
⬤ Months of the year
⬤ Seasons of the year in English
⬤ vocabulary of days, months and seasons
⬤ Days months seasons with images
Days of the week in English:
Months of the year in English:
Names of seasons in English:
⬤ Flip cards activity: Open the card and guess the meaning of the it in your native language.
⬤ Expressions and sentences in daily life
Which preposition to use before days months and seasons?
Use “on” before the days
on Monday, on Tuesday, on Wednesday, on Thursday, on Friday, on Saturday
Use “in” before the months
in May, in January, in August, in July, in December
Use “in” before the seasons
in spring, in summer, in autumn, in winter
Use “on” before the dates
Examples: on 25 March 2015, on 2 June 2019
Other usages of “in”
in the morning
in the afternoon
in the evening
Other usages of “at”
- Today is Tuesday.
- January is the first month of the year.
- Monday is the first day of the week.
- I was born on the 5th March.
- There are seven days in a week.
- I like summer more than the other seasons.
- Spring is my favourite season.
- In summer the days are usually hot in Egypt.
- I go out with my friends on Sundays.
- The world will be a better place in the year 2030.
- I get up very early on weekdays.
- Winters are very cold in Russia.
- Luca went skiing in January last winter.
- They like going on a picnic in summer, especially in June.
- I celebrate my birthday in autumn on September 23th.
- I hope to see you next April.
- What day is it today? – Today is Thursday.
- Is it Wednesday tomorrow? – Yes, Tomorrow is Wednesday.
- Are you busy on Friday evening? – No, I am not.
- What is the first day of the week? – Monday is the first day of the week.
- How many seasons are there in a year? – There are four seasons in a year.
- Which month are we in? – We are in August.
- When is your birthday? On Tuesday? – It is on 12th July.
- Which do you prefer, spring or autumn? – I prefer spring.
- Where do you go at the weekends? – We go to the cinema at the weekends.
- What do you enjoy doing in summer? – I like surfing.
I am a businessman. I am busy all the time. I must organize my life. I work very hard on weekdays. On Mondays I get up early and check my weekly plan. I attend the meetings. On Tuesday and Wednesday I go out for my customers. On Thursday and Friday I try to find new customers. At the weekend I am not that much busy. I spare time for my family on Saturday and Sunday. We go to the cinema in autumn and winter. However we go on a picnic in spring and summer. We also spend two weeks at a seaside resort in July.
⬤ Exercises for days months and seasons
|Worksheets for days months and seasons|
|• Days months and seasons flashcards worksheet|
|• Days months and seasons word scramble game worksheet|
|• Days months and seasons word search puzzle worksheet|