⬤ How to learn days, months and seasons vocabulary in English?
You can learn days, months and seasons vocabulary in English in this page online and for free. In this online lesson you can learn days, months and seasons with games, pictures, sounds, flash cards, tests, quizzes, puzzles, exercises, examples and reading passages. First you should study the word list of days, months and seasons together with vocabulary images and sounds below. Then you can go on with our online vocabulary activities. Learning English vocabulary is fun and easy here.
⬤ Months of the year in English with images and pronunciations.
You can learn months of the year vocabulary in English easily here. To learn the pronunciations just click on any image.
⬤ Seasons of the year in English with images and pronunciations.
You can learn seasons of the year vocabulary in English easily here. To learn the pronunciations just click on any image.
⬤ Word list of days, months and seasons vocabulary in English
⬤ Days of the week in English:
⬤ Months of the year in English:
⬤ Names of seasons in English:
⬤ Memory cards exercise about days, months and seasons vocabulary in English
In this flashcards memory exercise first click on a card to open it. Then you will see a random word about days, months and seasons. Guess the meaning of it in your native language. This exercise helps you memorize English vocabulary. It is suitable for both young ESL learners and adults.
⬤ Which preposition to use before days months and seasons?
Use “on” before the days
on Monday, on Tuesday, on Wednesday, on Thursday, on Friday, on Saturday
Use “in” before the months
in May, in January, in August, in July, in December
Use “in” before the seasons
in spring, in summer, in autumn, in winter
Use “on” before the dates
Examples: on 25 March 2015, on 2 June 2019
Other usages of “in”
in the morning
in the afternoon
in the evening
Other usages of “at”
⬤ Example sentences about days, months and seasons in English
- Today is Tuesday.
- January is the first month of the yaer.
- Monday is the first day of the week.
- I was born on the 5th March.
- There are seven days in a week.
- I like summer more than the other seasons.
- Spring is my favourite season.
- In summer the days are usually hot in Egypt.
- I go out with my friends on Sundays.
- The world will be a better place in the year 2030.
- I get up very early on weekdays.
- Winters are very cold in Russia.
- Luca went skiing in January last winter.
- They like going on a picnic in summer, especially in June.
- I celebrate my birthday in autumn on September 23th.
- I hope to see you next April.
⬤ Asking questions about days, months and seasons in English
- What day is it today? – Today is Thursday.
- Is it wednesday tomorrow? – Yes, Tomorrow is Wednesday.
- Are you busy on Friday evening? – No, I am not.
- What is the first day of the week? – Monday is the first day of the week.
- How many seasons are there in a year? – There are four seasons in a year.
- Which month are we in? – We are in August.
- When is your birthday? On tuesday? – It is on 12th July.
- Which do you prefer, spring or autumn? – I prefer spring.
- Where do you go at the weekends? – We go to the cinema at the weekends.
- What do you enjoy doing in summer? – I like surfing.
⬤ Reading passage about days, months and seasons in English
I am a businessman. I am busy all the time. I must organise my life. I work very hard on weekdays. On Mondays I get up early and check my weekly plan. I attend the meetings. On Tuesday and Wednesday I go out for my customers. On Thursday and Friday I try to find new customers. At the weekend I am not that much busy. I spare time for my family on Saturday and Sunday. We go to the cinema in autumn and winter. However we go on a picnic in spring and summer. We also spend two weeks at a seaside resort in July.
⬤ Video about days, months and seasons vocabulary
⬤ Spelling test about days, months and seasons vocabulary in English online
This is a vocabulary listening and spelling test about days, months and seasons. In this test practice first listen to the word. Then write what you hear in the text box. For each correct answer you get points. This exercise helps you test your vocabulary listening and spelling skills online.