Table of Contents
- ⬤ Days, months and seasons in English
- ⬤ Months of the year in English with images and pronunciations
- ⬤ Seasons of the year in English with images and pronunciations.
- ⬤ Word list of days, months and seasons
- ⬤ Flip cards exercise about days, months and seasons
- ⬤ Which preposition to use before days months and seasons?
- ⬤ Example sentences about days, months and seasons
- ⬤ Asking questions about days, months and seasons
- ⬤ Reading passage
- ⬤ Images of days, months and seasons vocabulary to download and share
- ⬤ Spelling test about days, months and seasons
- ⬤ Worksheets about days months and seasons
⬤ Days, months and seasons in English
This page is dedicated to days, months, and seasons vocabulary in English. You can learn days of the week, months of the year and seasons with images, pronunciations, memory cards exercise, games, puzzles and example sentences for free. First study the vocabulary below. Then you can go on with the following vocabulary activities.
⬤ Months of the year in English with images and pronunciations
You can learn months of the year vocabulary in English easily here. To learn the pronunciations just click on any image.
⬤ Seasons of the year in English with images and pronunciations.
Here are the seasons in English. For pronunciations click on an image of a season.
⬤ Word list of days, months and seasons
⬤ Days of the week in English:
⬤ Months of the year in English:
⬤ Names of seasons in English:
⬤ Flip cards exercise about days, months and seasons
Click on any card to open it. You will see a word about days, months and seasons. Then guess the meaning of the it in your native language.
- Fall / Autumn
⬤ Which preposition to use before days months and seasons?
Use “on” before the days
on Monday, on Tuesday, on Wednesday, on Thursday, on Friday, on Saturday
Use “in” before the months
in May, in January, in August, in July, in December
Use “in” before the seasons
in spring, in summer, in autumn, in winter
Use “on” before the dates
Examples: on 25 March 2015, on 2 June 2019
Other usages of “in”
in the morning
in the afternoon
in the evening
Other usages of “at”
⬤ Example sentences about days, months and seasons
- Today is Tuesday.
- January is the first month of the year.
- Monday is the first day of the week.
- I was born on the 5th March.
- There are seven days in a week.
- I like summer more than the other seasons.
- Spring is my favourite season.
- In summer the days are usually hot in Egypt.
- I go out with my friends on Sundays.
- The world will be a better place in the year 2030.
- I get up very early on weekdays.
- Winters are very cold in Russia.
- Luca went skiing in January last winter.
- They like going on a picnic in summer, especially in June.
- I celebrate my birthday in autumn on September 23th.
- I hope to see you next April.
⬤ Asking questions about days, months and seasons
- What day is it today? – Today is Thursday.
- Is it Wednesday tomorrow? – Yes, Tomorrow is Wednesday.
- Are you busy on Friday evening? – No, I am not.
- What is the first day of the week? – Monday is the first day of the week.
- How many seasons are there in a year? – There are four seasons in a year.
- Which month are we in? – We are in August.
- When is your birthday? On Tuesday? – It is on 12th July.
- Which do you prefer, spring or autumn? – I prefer spring.
- Where do you go at the weekends? – We go to the cinema at the weekends.
- What do you enjoy doing in summer? – I like surfing.
⬤ Reading passage
I am a businessman. I am busy all the time. I must organize my life. I work very hard on weekdays. On Mondays I get up early and check my weekly plan. I attend the meetings. On Tuesday and Wednesday I go out for my customers. On Thursday and Friday I try to find new customers. At the weekend I am not that much busy. I spare time for my family on Saturday and Sunday. We go to the cinema in autumn and winter. However we go on a picnic in spring and summer. We also spend two weeks at a seaside resort in July.
⬤ Spelling test about days, months and seasons
You can learn spelling of days, months and seasons easily here. This is a listening and spelling test. First tap on the “Start” button and then you will see the play button. Now click on the play button to listen to a word about days, months and seasons. Try to type the word you hear correctly into the text box. Every correct answer makes 10 points.
⬤ Worksheets about days months and seasons
You can download and print the worksheets below. These printable ESL worksheets are in two formats: pdf and jpg image.
|• Days months and seasons flashcards worksheet|
|• Days months and seasons word scramble game worksheet|
|• Days months and seasons word search puzzle worksheet|
External resource links:
You can jump to days, months and seasons category page to find extra activities and games in this website by clicking here. However, there are some external links that may help you. You can click here to watch a video about days, months and seasons or here to learn and play seasons. You can also click here to watch a video about months of the year.