A drink is a liquid that living beings swallow to take into their body. The word “beverages” is also used to mean “drinks”. Some common drinks are water, milk, tea and coffee.
Table of Contents
- ⬤ Pictures of drinks with pronunciations
- ⬤ Names of drinks in English
- ⬤ Flashcards game
- ⬤ Flip cards exercise
- ⬤ Example sentences
- ⬤ Asking questions
- ⬤ Reading passage
- ⬤ Images of drinks vocabulary to download
- ⬤ Picture quiz
- ⬤ Listening test about drinks vocabulary
- ⬤ Writing test with pictures
- ⬤ Spelling test
- ⬤ Worksheets about drinks to download as PDF
⬤ Pictures of drinks with pronunciations
Here are the pictures of popular drinks and their names. You can click on them to listen to the pronunciations.
⬤ Names of drinks in English
- green tea
- herbal tea
- hot chocolate
⬤ Flashcards game
The flashcards below have images on one side. Click on them to see the names of the beverages.
⬤ Flip cards exercise
This vocabulary card exercise shows names of beverages at the back of the cards. Click on them and guess the meaning in your native language.
⬤ Example sentences
- I am thirsty. Can I have a glass of water?
- I am full. I don’t want anything.
- There is a glass of lemonade on the table.
- I would like a cup of coffee.
- I drink tea every morning.
- Orange juice is my favourite beverage.
- She wants to drink coffee after the meal.
- It’s a cold day. I will have some hot chocolate.
⬤ Asking questions
- Are you thirsty? – Yes, I want some water, please.
- What is your favourite drink? – My favourite drink is mineral water
- Can I have a cup of coffee, please. – Yes, of course.
- Do you want some water? – Yes, please.
- How about some ice tea? – No, thanks. I am not thirsty.
- What about some coke? – No, thanks. I am not thirsty.
- Do you want some mineral water? – No, thanks.
- Are you thirsty? Do you want some fruit juice? – Thanks, maybe later.
- Want some milk? – Sure, of course.
- What would you like to drink? – I would like to drink orange juice, please.
- Would you like something to drink? – I’ll have a glass of water.
- Would you like to order any drinks? – No, not now. Thanks.
- How much is a can of coke? – That’s $2
⬤ Reading passage
People drink coffee all over the world. In fact, The British Coffee Association says that it is the second most popular drink. The first one is water. We drink about 2 billion cups of coffee every day. People in Britain drink 70 million cups of coffee every day. People drink coffee differently. For example expresso and instant coffee. As you can see a speedy world requires speedy coffee and so that we continue consuming coffee all around the world.
⬤ Images of drinks vocabulary to download
⬤ Picture quiz
You are given four choices to select from. Choose the correct option according to the image.
⬤ Listening test about drinks vocabulary
Play the audio and listen to the name of the beverage. Then select the relevant picture from the list of drinks.
⬤ Writing test with pictures
Start the test and then write the name of the drink below. Your correct answers will add points to your score.
⬤ Spelling test
Start the test and listen to the audio. Then type it into the text box.
⬤ Worksheets about drinks to download as PDF
If you want printable worksheets about drinks vocabulary, you can find a few ESL worksheets below. They are in two different formats: pdf and jpg image.
|• Drinks flashcards worksheet|
|• Drinks activity worksheet|
|• Drinks word scramble game worksheet|
|• Drinks word search puzzle worksheet|
External resource links:
You can click drinks in English to watch a video. You can also play games about drinks vocabulary. And this is a pdf worksheet about drinks . You may also read articles about drinks. For example, you can read and listen “Hot Drinks Linked to Cancer” here.