Table of Contents
- ⬤ Family members vocabulary in English
- ⬤ Picture vocabulary of family members with pronunciations
- ⬤ Word list of family members vocabulary
- ⬤ Flashcards exercise
- ⬤ Flip cards exercise
- ⬤ Example sentences
- ⬤ Asking questions about family members
- ⬤ Reading passage
- ⬤ Picture quiz about family members
- ⬤ Listening test with pictures
- ⬤ Writing test with pictures
- ⬤ Spelling test about family members
- ⬤ Worksheets about family members to download as PDF and image files
⬤ Family members vocabulary in English
Here on this page you will learn family members vocabulary in English. Words about members of a family and relatives can be learned with flashcards exercise, puzzles, games, quizzes, images and audio. First you should study the word list of family members below. Then you can enjoy the vocabulary games and activities.
⬤ Picture vocabulary of family members with pronunciations
This is a list of family members vocabulary with images. If you want to learn the pronunciation of a word, just click on the image.
⬤ Word list of family members vocabulary
⬤ Flashcards exercise
Flashcards exercise is an easy and nice way of learning vocabulary. Here is another one that has images of family members on side and the words on the other side. Guess the meaning of an image and click on it to flip the card and see the answer.
⬤ Flip cards exercise
This activity is similar to flashcards exercise, but you don’t see vocabulary images on one side. Just click on the cards to open and guess the meaning of the words in your own language.
⬤ Example sentences
- I have one brother and one sister.
- My father is a dentist.
- My grandparents live in Australia.
- My uncle Logan has got fair hair.
- Hello Pablo. This is my cousin, Carlos.
- It is my aunt’s dress.
- Those are my children. They like playing together.
- I visited my grandfather last week.
- My grandparents live with us.
⬤ Asking questions about family members
- Have you got any brothers or sisters?
- How many brothers has she got?
- Is your grandfather alive?
- Is Laura your niece?
- Can your father look after the baby?
- What is her daughter’s name?
- Do you have a large or small family?
- Does your husband like reading books?
⬤ Reading passage
Hello I am Ren. I am from Japan. I live with my family in Tokyo. I have a small family. This is my family photo. This is my father on the right. He is a policeman. He likes playing games with us. And my mother is next to my father. She likes wearing casual clothes. And this is my little sister, Misaki. In fact, I have got two sisters but my elder sister is not in the picture. She is abroad. My grandparents live in Osaka. They are very old. We often visit them together with my uncle and his wife, Riko. I love all my relatives.
⬤ Picture quiz about family members
This is an online picture quiz about family members. Select the correct option that corresponds to the image. Each correct answer adds 10 points to your score.
⬤ Listening test with pictures
This is a listening evaluation exercise. First click on the play button and listen to the audio. Then select the relevant image from the list. A correct answer is 10 points.
⬤ Writing test with pictures
This writing test helps you learn family members. Start the test by tapping on the “Start” button. Then type the name of the image in the text box.
⬤ Spelling test about family members
This test checks your listening and spelling skill about family members. Start the test and then click on the play button to listen to the audio. After that type what you hear into the box. If you want to get points, type correctly.
⬤ Worksheets about family members to download as PDF and image files
These are the family members worksheets below. You can download and share all of these printable ESL worksheets. They are in two formats: pdf and jpg image.
|• Family members word scramble game worksheet|
|• Family members word search puzzle worksheet|
External resource links:
You can jump to family members category page to find extra activities and games in this website by clicking here. However, there are some external links that may help you. You can click here to watch a video about family members or here to play a word game in British Council’s website. You can also download a printable pdf document here to practice with flashcards.