Table of Contents
- ⬤ What are the fruits in English?
- ⬤ Pictures of fruits vocabulary with pronunciations
- ⬤ Word list of fruits vocabulary in English
- ⬤ Flashcards exercise about fruits
- ⬤ Flip cards exercise
- ⬤ Example sentences about fruits
- ⬤ Asking questions about fruits
- ⬤ Reading passage
- ⬤ Images of fruits vocabulary to download and share
- ⬤ Picture quiz about fruits
- ⬤ Listening test with pictures
- ⬤ Writing test with pictures
- ⬤ Spelling test about fruits
- ⬤ Worksheets about fruits to download
⬤ What are the fruits in English?
Fruits are the soft and edible parts of a tree with seeds in them. Fruits can be sweet or sour, and they can be eaten in the raw state. Fruits have commercial value because they are used in manufactured foods such as jams or marmalades, as well. In fact, not all the fruits are edible. Here on this page you can find common culinary fruits with their images.
- Culinary fruit means the fruits that are edible. This page includes many fruits with information about each of them.
- Tropical fruits means fruits that are grown in tropical and subtropical areas of the world.
- Orchards are the lands where people grow fruits trees.
⬤ Pictures of fruits vocabulary with pronunciations
This is a list of fruit names with pictures. You can click on any image to listen to the pronunciation of it.
⬤ Word list of fruits vocabulary in English
- sour cherry
⬤ Flashcards exercise about fruits
On each flashcard there is a picture of a fruit. Click on it to flip and see the name of the fruit.
⬤ Flip cards exercise
Click on a card to see a fruit name. After that say the meaning of it in your native language.
⬤ Example sentences about fruits
- It is a banana.
- These are melons.
- This is a kiwi.
- There are four oranges in the basket.
- I like apples.
- I don’t like mango.
- He doesn’t like lemon.
- Tangerine is a citrus fruit.
- You should eat fruit every day.
- I bought a kilo of apples.
- I like dried fruit.
- She likes eating fresh fruit.
- Sally likes fruit juice.
- This fruit has a nice smell.
- There are a lot of fruit trees in the garden.
- Melon is a summer fruit.
⬤ Asking questions about fruits
- What is this? – This is an orange.
- Do you like quince? – Yes, I like quince.
- Does Emma like apricot? – Yes, she likes apricot.
- Would you like some fruit? – Yes, please.
- Which fruit do you like most? – I like oranges most.
- Do you peel an avocado? – Yes, I do.
- What is your favourite fruit? – My favourite fruit is cherry.
- How much is a kilo of strawberries? – 5 dollars.
- Where does coconut grow in the world? – Coconut grows in the Philippines and Indonesia.
- How do you eat pineapple? – I peel and cut the pineapple.
⬤ Reading passage
Fruits are really good for our health. Everyone should eat them habitually. There are many reasons for this. First, you don’t need to cook them. Second, it is very easy to find. Third, they have fiber that is very good for digestion. In addition, fruits have low calories. So you don’t gain weight. Moreover, fruits prevent some diseases such as heart disease and cancer. Beside these, fruits have vitamins and minerals. Lastly, fruits have very good taste and smell. You have many reasons to include fruits in your food habits.
⬤ Picture quiz about fruits
To do this picture quiz just select the relevant fruit name from the list. Every correct answer adds 10 points to your score.
⬤ Listening test with pictures
Click on the “Start” button and then play the audio to listen to the fruit name. Then select the relevant fruit from the pictures.
⬤ Writing test with pictures
Start the test and write the name of the fruit into the text box correctly. Try to get as high scores as you can.
⬤ Spelling test about fruits
For this test, first listen to the fruit name and then type it correctly into the input box.
⬤ Worksheets about fruits to download
The table below has worksheets about fruits vocabulary. You can download, use, and share these printable ESL worksheets for free. They are in two file formats: pdf and jpg image.
|• Fruits flashcards worksheet|
|• Fruits activity worksheet|
|• Fruits word scramble game worksheet|
|• Fruits word search puzzle worksheet|
>> Click here to learn vegetables vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn foods vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn drinks vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn fast food vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn cooking vocabulary in English
External resource links:
You can jump to fruits category page to find extra activities and games in this website by clicking here. However, there are some external links that may help you. You can click here to watch a video about fruits. You can also play games about fruits vocabulary here or here. And this is a pdf worksheet about fruits. You may also read articles about fruits. For example, you can read “10 of the Healthiest Fruits for Your Body” here or “50 Types of Fruit: Nutritional Profiles and Health Benefits” here.