Fruits vocabulary is necessary to learn as we all need balanced diet and we need to talk about it in our everyday life. They are critical source of food, because they have essential nutritive value. Fruits are the soft and edible parts of a tree with seeds in them. Fruits can be sweet or sour, and they can be eaten in the raw state. They have commercial value because they are used in manufactured foods such as jams or marmalades, as well. In fact, not all the fruits are edible. Here on this page you can find common culinary fruits with their images and pronunciations.
- Culinary fruit means the fruits that are edible. Names of fruits are here with information about each of them.
- Tropical fruits means fruits that are grown in tropical and subtropical areas of the world.
- Orchards are the lands where people grow fruits trees.
Table of Contents
- ⬤ Pictures of fruits with pronunciations
- ⬤ Fruit names in English
- ⬤ Flashcards
- ⬤ Flip cards exercise
- ⬤ Example sentences about fruits vocabulary
- ⬤ Asking questions
- ⬤ Reading passage
- ⬤ Images of fruits
- ⬤ Picture quiz fo fruit vocabulary
- ⬤ Listening test with pictures
- ⬤ Writing test
- ⬤ Spelling test
- ⬤ Worksheets about fruits
⬤ Pictures of fruits with pronunciations
This is a list of fruit names with pictures. You can click on any image or fruit name to listen to the pronunciation of it.
⬤ Fruit names in English
- sour cherry
On each flashcard there is a picture of a fruit. Click on it to flip and see the name of the fruit.
⬤ Flip cards exercise
Click on a card to see a fruit name. After that say the meaning of it in your native language.
⬤ Example sentences about fruits vocabulary
- It is a banana.
- These are melons.
- This is a kiwi.
- There are four oranges in the basket.
- I like apples.
- I don’t like mango.
- He doesn’t like lemon.
- Tangerine is a citrus fruit.
- You should eat fruit every day.
- I bought a kilo of apples.
- I like dried fruit.
- She likes eating fresh fruit.
- Sally likes fruit juice.
- This fruit has a nice smell.
- There are a lot of fruit trees in the garden.
- Melon is a summer fruit.
⬤ Asking questions
- What is this? – This is an orange.
- Do you like quince? – Yes, I like quince.
- Does Emma like apricot? – Yes, she likes apricot.
- Would you like some fruit? – Yes, please.
- Which fruit do you like most? – I like oranges most.
- Do you peel an avocado? – Yes, I do.
- What is your favourite fruit? – My favourite fruit is cherry.
- How much is a kilo of strawberries? – 5 dollars.
- Where does coconut grow in the world? – Coconut grows in the Philippines and Indonesia.
- How do you eat pineapple? – I peel and cut the pineapple.
⬤ Reading passage
Fruits are necessary foods that we should include in our daily eating habits. There are a lot of reasons for this. First, there is no need to cook them. Second, it is very easy to get it. Third, they have fiber which is very beneficial for digestion. In addition, fruits have low calories, so it is hard to gain weight eating fruits. Moreover, they are protective to our healt and wellness. Beside these, fruits have essential vitamins and minerals. Lastly, their small is very appealing. We have a lot more reasons to include them in our daily eating habits.
⬤ Images of fruits
⬤ Picture quiz fo fruit vocabulary
To do this picture quiz just select the relevant fruit name from the list. Every correct answer adds 10 points to your score.
⬤ Listening test with pictures
Click on the “Start” button and then play the audio to listen to the fruit name. Then select the relevant fruit from the pictures.
⬤ Writing test
Start the test and write the name of the fruit into the text box correctly. Try to get as high scores as you can.
⬤ Spelling test
For this test, first listen to the fruit name and then type it correctly into the input box.
⬤ Worksheets about fruits
The table below has worksheets about fruits vocabulary. You can download, use, and share these printable ESL worksheets for free. They are in two file formats: pdf and jpg image.
|• Flashcards worksheet|
|• Activity worksheet|
|• Word scramble game worksheet|
|• Word search puzzle worksheet|