Table of Contents
- ⬤ What are the parts of a house vocabulary in English?
- ⬤ Pictures of house parts vocabulary with pronunciations
- ⬤ Word list of house parts vocabulary
- ⬤ Flashcards exercise about the parts of a house
- ⬤ Flip cards exercise
- ⬤ Example sentences
- ⬤ Asking questions about parts of a house
- ⬤ Reading passage
- ⬤ Images of house parts vocabulary to download and share
- ⬤ Picture quiz about parts of a house vocabulary
- ⬤ Listening test with pictures
- ⬤ Writing test with pictures about house parts
- ⬤ Spelling test about parts of a house
- ⬤ Worksheets about parts of a house to download as PDF and image files
⬤ What are the parts of a house vocabulary in English?
A house is a place that is built for people to live in. It serves as a home basically for families. There are many different parts of a house. These parts can be different according to the climate, location, culture, function of the house, number of people living in, wealth of the residents etc. For example some houses may have a chimney, balcony, swimming pool, garden, garage or roof but some others may not.
You can learn parts of a house on this page with vocabulary images, pronunciations, games, puzzles, quizzes, flashcards exercise and example sentences. First of all please learn the house parts below.
⬤ Pictures of house parts vocabulary with pronunciations
You can learn the house parts here with images easily. To listen to the pronunciation just tap on a picture.
⬤ Word list of house parts vocabulary
- letter box
- flat (British E.)
- apartment (American E.)
Houses have different names such as apartment, villa, bungalow or mansion according to the architectural styles or location. Here you can learn types of houses.
⬤ Flashcards exercise about the parts of a house
These flashcards have house parts on them. Guess the meaning of the house part and then click on the card to flip and see the answer.
- living room
- dining room
⬤ Flip cards exercise
Tap on the card and say the house part in your native language.
- dining room
⬤ Example sentences
Examples about the house:
- This is the kitchen table.
- This is our kitchen.
- This is the garden.
- That is my house.
- There is a dishwasher in the kitchen.
- There are two mirrors in the bedroom.
- My mother is in the kitchen.
- This is my bedroom.
- My bed is next to the window.
- My books are on the table.
- The television is near the bookcase.
- The shower is in the bathroom.
⬤ Asking questions about parts of a house
- Is the chair on the balcony? – Yes, it is on the balcony?
- Is the washing machine in the kitchen? – No, it is in the bathroom.
- Are the slippers in the living room? – No, they aren’t. They are in my bedroom.
- Is there a clock in the living room? – Yes, there is one.
- Are there pictures on the wall? – Yes, there are pictures on the wall.
- Where is the television? – It is in the living room.
- Where is the sofa? – It is near the armchair.
- Where is the chimney? – It is on the roof.
- Where are the plates? – They are in the kitchen.
- Where are the toothbrushes? – They are in the bathroom.
- What colour is your house? – It is white.
- What colour is your room? – It is purple.
- Where do you sleep? – I sleep in my bedroom.
- Where do you have breakfast? – I have breakfast in the kitchen.
- Where can you have a shower in a house? – I can have a shower in the bathroom.
- Where do you eat your lunch or dinner? – I eat my lunch and dinner at home.
⬤ Reading passage
My name is Lucia. I live with my family in Cordoba, Spain. We have a sweet house. My house is big and beautiful. There are trees around the house. My house has two floors. The bedrooms, living room, bathroom and the kitchen are upstairs. The car garage is next to the backyard. My house has also a study in the attic. The rooms are light and spacious. We spend most of the time upstairs.
⬤ Picture quiz about parts of a house vocabulary
Choose the option from the list that corresponds to the picture.
⬤ Listening test with pictures
To do this test, first listen to the audio and then choose the relevant picture from the list.
⬤ Writing test with pictures about house parts
Show the image by clicking on the “Start” button and type the name of the house part into the text box. Each correct answer adds 10 points to the score.
⬤ Spelling test about parts of a house
Listen and type the house part into the text box. This spelling test is suitable to practice listening. Every correct typing will give you 10 points.
⬤ Worksheets about parts of a house to download as PDF and image files
Here are worksheets about parts of a house vocabulary. You are free to download and share these printable ESL worksheets. There are two file formats: pdf documents and jpg images.
|• Parts of a house activity worksheet|
|• Parts of a house word scramble game worksheet|
|• Parts of a house word search puzzle worksheet|
>> Click here to learn living room vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn bedroom vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn kitchen vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn bathroom vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn garden vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn dining room vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn human body parts vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn computer parts vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn face parts vocabulary in English
External resource links:
You can jump to house parts category page to find extra activities and games in this website by clicking here. However, there are some external links that may help you. You can click here to watch a video about house parts. You can also click here to play a game on British Council website about rooms of a house or here to practice parts of a building. And this is a flashcards pdf document about the subject.