Table of Contents
- ⬤ What is investment vocabulary in business English?
- ⬤ How to learn investment vocabulary in business English?
- ⬤ Word list of investment vocabulary in business English
- ⬤ Memory cards exercise about investment vocabulary
- ⬤ Vocabulary test about investment vocabulary
- ⬤ Writing test about investment vocabulary
- ⬤ Memory cards about investment vocabulary
⬤ What is investment vocabulary in business English?
Investment vocabulary is the vocabulary about the asset intended to gain income or benefit. It is the action or process of investing money for future profit.
⬤ How to learn investment vocabulary in business English?
You can study and learn investment vocabulary, phrases and expressions in English here for free. You can learn investment vocabulary with definitions and activities such as games, memory cards, quizzes and puzzles. First, please study the words of investment vocabulary below.
⬤ Word list of investment vocabulary in business English
- Analyst: financial data expert
- Agent : a securities firm, buyer or seller of a security
- Assets: all the company properties
- Bid : offer
- Blue Chip Stocks: Stocks of the trusted and leading companies
- Bond : official paper issued by the government or a company to its lenders
- Bear market: a market in which prices are falling, encouraging selling
- Bull market: a market in which share prices are rising, encouraging buying
- Capital : money or possessions that can be used for business purposes
- Capital stock: all the shares a company
- Capital gain : profit made by selling of property or an investment for greater than purchased price
- Capital loss: loss made by selling of property or an investment for less than its purchase price
- Commodities : a raw material or primary agricultural product
- Diversification : to invest in many different ways to reduce risk
- Dividend : money which is paid to shareholders
- Equities : the value of the shares issued by a company
- Futures : contracts to buy or sell securities at a later time
- Insider : high position in a company that has access sensitive information about the company
- Interest : money paid regularly at a particular rate for the use of lent money
- IPO : Initial Public Offering
- Mutual fund : an investment program funded by shareholders that trades in diversified holdings
- Portfolio : all the securities that an investor holds
- Prospectus : a paper containing information of a proposed undertaking
- Securities : showing ownership of stocks
- Shareholder : an owner of shares in a company
- Speculator : someone who buys and sells stocks to get profit
- Stock : shares that are traded on a stock exchange
- Stock market : a stock exchange
- Volatility : excitability
- Yield : the return on an investment that is shown as a percentage
- Issue: circulating some of a company’s shares for sale
- Liabilities: responsibilities for something, especially by law such as debt
- Option: The right to buy and sell certain securities at a specified price and period of time
- Par value: Nominal face value
- Share: one of the equal parts into which a company’s capital is divided, entitling the holder to a proportion of the profits
- Stockbroker: a broker who buys and sells securities on a stock exchange on behalf of clients
- Stockholder: Person owning stocks and shares
- Trader: a person who buys and sells goods, currency, or stocks for a short time
- Trading session: Period that Stock Exchange is open for trading
⬤ Memory cards exercise about investment vocabulary
First, read the definition on the memory card and then guess the word. To check your answer click on the card.
⬤ Vocabulary test about investment vocabulary
Here is a vocabulary test about investment. In this vocabulary exercise read the definition and select the corresponding option from the list. For each correct answer you get 10 points.
⬤ Writing test about investment vocabulary
The following is an online writing test about investment in vocabulary. In this test first, read the definition and then write the word or phrase into the text box.
⬤ Memory cards about investment vocabulary
Click on a card to flip it. Then you will see a random word about investment. Guess the meaning of the word.
- bull market
- par value
- mutual fund
- trading session
>> Click here to learn Top 140 Business English vocabulary in English
>> Click here to learn Sales and Marketing vocabulary for business English
>> Click here to learn Money, Finance and Banking vocabulary for business English
>> Click here to learn Advertising vocabulary for business English
>> Click here to learn Project Management vocabulary for business English
>> Click here to learn International Trade (Import-Export) vocabulary for business English
>> Click here to learn Human Resources vocabulary for business English
External resource links:
You can jump to business English category page to find extra activities and games in this website by clicking here. However, there are some external links that may help you. You can click here to read about business English or here to listen podcasts about business English. You can also see some nice videos on Youtube here.