⬤ How to learn weather vocabulary in English?
You can learn weather vocabulary in English in this page online and for free. In this online lesson you can learn weather with activities such as games, pictures, sounds, flash cards, tests, quizzes, puzzles, exercises, examples and reading passages. First you should study the word list of weather together with vocabulary images and sounds below. Then you can go on with our online vocabulary activities. Learning English vocabulary is fun and easy here.
⬤ Weather picture vocabulary in English with pronunciations
Learn weather vocabulary in English with pictures and pronunciation below. To learn how to say weather in English click on any image.
⬤ Word list of weather vocabulary in English
⬤ Flashcards exercise about weather vocabulary in English
You can learn weather vocabulary with flashcards exercise here. There are flashcards about weather below. Guess the name of an image. Then click on the image to open the flashcard definition. It is suitable for both young ESL learners and adults.
⬤ Memory cards exercise about weather vocabulary in English
In this flashcards memory exercise first click on a card to open it. Then you will see a random word about weather. Guess the meaning of it in your native language. This exercise helps you memorize English vocabulary. It is suitable for both young ESL learners and adults.
⬤ Example sentences about weather vocabulary in English
- The weather is rainy.
- It is rainy.
- It is raining.
- It is snowy.
- It is snowing.
- It is foggy.
- The weather is stormy.
- It is a fine day.
- The weather’s fine.
- It is very cold.
- It is hot today in Paris.
- There are clouds in the sky.
- The sky’s overcast.
- It’s about 20°C outside.
- It’s warm today. H ava bugün ılık.
- It’s rainy and and I feel moody.
- The weather is sunny. I feel energetic.
- I feel anxious because it’s lightning outside.
- It’s windy and cold in autumn. I feel sad.
- It’s hailing now. I feel scared.
- I feel upset because it’s cold and rainy.
- Emily likes listening to music on rainy days.
- Thomas is energetic on sunny days.
- It is sunny next weekend
- Tokyo is colder than Sydney.
- It is hot and dry in the eastern part of the country.
- It’s not snowy in the deserts.
- It’s snowing. Don’t forget to take your gloves.
- Don’t go jogging! It’s stormy today.
- It is rainy and 11 degrees Celsius in London.
⬤ How to say weather condition and precipitation?
It is snowing.
It is raining.
Take your gloves. It is snowing.
Use “-y” to talk about the weather condition:
rainy > It is a rainy day.
To talk about the weather in the past we use “was/were”:
It was sunny.
It was cold yestarday.
It was about 30°C last week.
To talk about the weather in the future we use “will be”
It will be sunny.
It will be rainy tomorrow.
The weather will be fine.
⬤ How to ask questions about weather in English
- How is the weather? – It is hot.
- What is the weather like? – It is foggy.
- What is the temperature? – It is 25°C.
- What is the weather forecast? – It looks like snow.
- What is it like out? – It is stormy.
- What is your favourite season? – It is spring.
- What is the weather like in Pekin in winter? – It’s rainy and foggy.
- How do you feel on rainy days? – I feel sleepy.
- How do you feel on stormy days? – I feel anxious on stormy days.
- Do you feel anxious in rainy weather? – Yes, I mostly feel anxious.
- What is the weather like in your city? – It is rainy in winter and sunny in summer.
- What is the avarage temperature here in summer? – It is 32 degrees Celsius.
- What is the weather like in Alaska? – It is cold and snowy.
- What’s the temperature? – It’s minus 20 degrees Celsius.
- How is the weather in the south of the country? – It is partly cloudy at the moment but it is usually sunny.
- What’s the temperature in the east? – It is 25 degrees Celsius.
- Is it hot or cold in the north of the country? – It is cold.
⬤ Reading passages about weather vocabulary
The weather Report
This is the weather report for today. It is sunny with cloudy periods in the morning. In the afternoon it is hot and sunny with a high of 32 degrees. The rest of the day will be warm. In the evening it will be partly cloudy with a temperature of 25 degrees celcius. It will not rain, but it will be colder. At night we are expecting rain. It will be windy with a low of 19. That was the weather report. Have a nice day.
The weather Report
Here is the weather forecast for the south of the country. The weather is hot today. The temperature is 33 degrees Celsius. The sky is clear and bright. Unlike the north you can enjoy the sunny weather in this part of the country. In the afternoon it will be about 36 degrees Celsius. It will be even hotter by the end of the week.
As for the north, it will be rainy today. The temperature is 15 degrees Celsius. Watch out for slippery roads. There may be a storm at night. Probably it will rain tomorrow, too. By the end of the week the weather will be partly cloudy with a low around 9. Thanks for watching.
⬤ Dialogue about the weather in English
Mark: What’s the weather like in London in January, Jack?
Jack: It’s pretty cold.
Mark: Well, what’s the temperature now?
Jack: It is 0 C.
Mark: Oh. Relly cold. What’s the forecast for tomorrow?
Jack: It will be snowy.
Mark: Oh. Wear heavy clothes then.
You can see the weather report from British Council here
⬤ Video about weather vocabulary
⬤ Picture quiz about weather vocabulary in English online
This is a vocabulary picture quiz about weather. In this quiz practice select the name of the picture from the list. For each correct answer you get points. This exercise helps you test weather vocabulary online.
⬤ Listening test with pictures about weather vocabulary in English
This is a vocabulary listening test practice about weather online. In this test first listen to the word about weather. Then select the relevant picture from the list. For each correct answer you get points. This exercise helps you test vocabulary listening skills online.
⬤ Writing test with pictures about weather vocabulary in English online
This is a vocabulary writing test about weather. In this test practice first look at the picture. Then write the name of the image in the text box. For each correct answer you get points. This exercise helps you test your writing skills online.
⬤ Spelling test about weather vocabulary in English online
This is a vocabulary listening and spelling test about weather. In this test practice first listen to the word. Then write what you hear in the text box. For each correct answer you get points. This exercise helps you test your vocabulary listening and spelling skills online.